Why we have long customer relationships
Lahti Precision enables the sustainable and efficient utilization of the natural resources and raw materials used by our customers. With the company’s reliable weighing and dosing technology and constantly developed modern weighing services, it is possible for our customers to optimize and improve the efficiency of their own production.
Lahti Precision is a traditional, well-known scale supplier. However, not everyone knows that Lahti Precision also has decades of experience in the dosing, transfer and other handling of bulk materials. This, combined with advanced technology, enables excellent service to a variety of the customers. Our starting point is that we want to listen to the customers’ needs, suggest possible solutions and then implement them in cooperation. What is important to us at Lahti Precision is that the customer relationship becomes durable and this genuinely develops the operations of the both parties.
Our customers are the companies that want to focus on their own core business and let the weighing specialist take responsibility of this specialty area. Lahti Precision’s customers can be found in practically from every industry; the building materials and drymix industry, the metal and steel industry, the chemical industry, the forest industry, the food industry, the pharmaceutical industry and the transport and logistics sector. The industries generally are developing to a direction where the customer wants to buy weighing as a service and we in Lahti want to contribute to this development.
At the core of our expertise will continue to be scales and bulk material dosing systems equipped with modern automation and weighing information management system. In addition to the above, we have strong expertise in bulk material handling and bagging, various weighing components and conveyors for the forest industry. A significant portion of the company’s sales come from services, including mScales SaaS services, commissioning and calibration of the equipment we supply, and maintenance and spare parts services.
We want to be at the forefront of development in order to provide for our customers measurable financial added value. For continuing as a pioneer in weighing services, in the future all scales can be connected to the mScales weighing service which we have developed. With mScales, it is possible for our customers to achieve new, unprecedented business benefits.
The company’s operations are guided and managed in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Our energy-efficient technology which promotes the efficiency of weighing and dosing solutions, combined with services that improve operating costs and quality, is particularly well-suited to the needs of the circular economy. Lahti Precision has the right to use the Cleantech Finland® mark, which shows that the technologies we use are energy efficient and save natural resources.
Lahti Precision’s History in brief
- 1908: Lahti Precision’s former parent company Lahden Rauta- ja Metalliteollisuustehdas Oy was founded (Raute Corporation).
- 1914: Production of hand and table scales for household and institutional use began.
- 1943: The weighing department was established under the name Lahden Vaaka Oy and moved to its own manufacturing facilities.
- 1970s: Design and delivery of more extensive dosing and weighing systems to various industries began
- 1980s: Lahden Vaaka Oy changed its name to Raute Weighing and Automation (1988 Raute Precision)
- 1990s: International expansion began. In 1992, international sales accounted for about 20% of total sales.
- 2004: Raute divests its ownership of the company and Raute Precision becomes its own independent limited company.
- In 2006, the company’s name was changed to the current Lahti Precision.
- 2018 Lahti Precision divested the glass industry and the business was sold to the German market leader in the field.
- Since 2018, the focus of the company’s investment has been on the development of core weighing and dosing technologies. Lahti Precision quickly developed into a technology leader as a provider of digital weighing services, and more and more customers chose mScales as their weighing service platform.
ReferencesRead our customer stories
Ethical guidelinesCode of conduct
Customer in mind also in summer time
The year started in favorable economic conditions but since March the escalated Covid-19 crisis forced us to do things slightly differently. Despite of the exceptional time period Lahti Precision personnel has been able to do a great work and serve the customers in reliable and safe way.