Together with our customers, we aim for sustainable success
Lahti Precision is one among companies that enables the sustainable and efficient utilization of the natural resources and raw materials used by customers. With the company’s reliable weighing and dosing technology and constantly evolving modern weighing services, it is possible for our customers to optimize and improve the efficiency of their own production.
Alongside traditional weighing, the new services and business models we have developed enable our customers to have the latest technologies of our time. Our starting point is that we want to listen to the customer’s needs, suggest possible solutions and then implement them in cooperation. What is important to us at Lahti Precision is that the customer relationship becomes long lasting and genuinely develops the operations of both parties sustainably.
Lahti Precision also has decades of experience in the dosing, transfer and handling of other bulk materials. Our customers are companies from various industries who want to focus on their own core business and let the weighing specialist bear the responsibility.
We are at the forefront of development to show the direction
The core of our expertise will continue to be scales and bulk material dosing systems equipped with modern automation and weighing information management system. The spearheads of our expertise, such as the mScales weighing service and technologies for the circular economy and solutions for the renewable energy industry, are our company’s areas of investment and sources of growth.
We will be at the forefront of development in order to provide our customers with measurable financial added value. As a pioneer in weighing, all scales, regardless of the manufacturer, can now be connected to the world’s most advanced mScales weighing service that we have developed with mScales, it is possible for our customers to achieve new, unprecedented business benefits.
The company’s operations are directed and managed in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2015 standard. Our energy-efficient technology to promote the efficiency of weighing and dosing solutions, combined with operating costs and quality-enhancing services, is very well suited to the needs of most industries.
A brief history of Lahti Precision
- 1908: Lahti Precision’s former parent company Lahden Rauta- ja Metalliteollisuustehdas Oy was established (Raute Corporation).
- 1914: Production of handheld and table scales for household and institutional use began.
- 1943: The scales department was established under the name Lahden Vaaka Oy and transferred to its own manufacturing facilities.
- 1970´s. The design and delivery of wider dosing and weighing systems for various industries began
- 1980`s Lahden Vaaka Oy changed its name to Raute Weighing and Automation (1988 Raute Precision)
- 1990`s International expansion began. In 1992, international sales accounted for about 20% of total sales.
- 2004: Raute divested its ownership of the company and Raute Precision became its own independent limited company.
- In 2006, the company’s name was changed to the current Lahti Precision.
- 2018 Lahti Precision divested the glass industry and the business was sold to a German competitor.
- Since 2018, the focus of the company’s investment has been on developing weighing and dosing technologies. Lahti Precision has rapidly developed into a technology leader as a provider of digital weighing services, and more and more customers are choosing mScales as their weighing service platform.
ReferencesRead our customer stories
Ethical guidelinesCode of conduct
Customer in mind also in summer time
The year started in favorable economic conditions but since March the escalated Covid-19 crisis forced us to do things slightly differently. Despite of the exceptional time period Lahti Precision personnel has been able to do a great work and serve the customers in reliable and safe way.