For our customers, we are the best partner in the Nordic countries for demanding industrial weighing, dosing and service solutions. The broad satisfaction of our customers with our work has enabled our company to develop for over a hundred years.
History in brief
- 1908: The former parent company of Lahti Precision, the Iron and Metal Industries Ltd of Lahti, was founded (Raute Corporation).
- 1914: Production of hand and table scales for household and institutional use begins.
- 1943: The horizontal department was established under the name Lahden Vaaka Oy and moved to its own manufacturing facilities.
- 1970s: Design and delivery of larger metering and weighing systems for various industries begin
- 1980s: Lahden Vaaka Oy changed its name to Raute Weighing and Automation (1988 Raute Precision)
- 1990s: International expansion begins. In 1992, international sales accounted for about 20% of total sales.
- 2004: Raute gave up its ownership of the company and Raute Precision became its own limited liability company. In 2006, the company was renamed Lahti Precision.
- 2010s: Lahti Precision underwent a major restructuring as the company focused on the core competencies valued by its customers. The owners of the company invested heavily in developing digital weighing services, and Lahti Precision became a growing technology leader in this area.
Lahti Precision products and services are widely used in various industries. At the heart of our expertise are scales and bulk dosing systems with modern automation and weighing information management systems. In addition to the above, we have strong expertise in bulk handling and bulk bagging, various weighing components and forest industry conveyors. A significant part of the company’s sales comes from services – equipment commissioning, calibration, after-sales and spare parts services.
We supply weighing and dosing systems covering all stages of the process: design, installation, commissioning and maintenance. This ensures optimum implementation and high quality and cost-effective operation throughout the life cycle. The best outcome for the customer is achieved when we are involved in the project as early as possible. Our goal throughout the process is customer success.
We want to be at the forefront of development to provide our customers measurable economic added value. To continue as a pioneer in weighing, in the future, all of our scales will be connected to our developed mScales weighing service and available for mobile use. It enables our customers new, unprecedented business benefits.
The company’s operations are guided and managed in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2015 standard.
Our answer to global needs
Our energy-efficient technology to enhance the efficiency of weighing and dosing solutions, combined with operating costs and quality-enhancing services, is particularly well suited to the needs of the circular economy.
Lahti Precision is entitled to use the Cleantech Finland® mark, which demonstrates that our technologies are energy efficient and conserve natural resources.
In the future, all our scales will be connected to our digital mScales weighing service, which is constantly being developed with our customers.
Read our customer storiesReferences
"Our goal throughout the process is customer success."