Vehicle scales are used in many sectors of the industry, for example, industrial plants gate entrances, heating plants, waste stations, timber weighing, asphalt and concrete stations and at bulk loading stations.
In many places, the vehicle scales are almost the only way to track large material flows and invoicing / paying on the basis of weight data gained from the scale.
Weigh bridges are available in a wide range of vehicle weights, lengths and the scales are installed accordingly. Vehicle lengths and total weights have grown over the past decades and development does not stop here. Lahti Precision is ready to meet these challenges.
Easy-to-use weighing and reporting software interfacing with other logistical chains is including the handling of data, which includes to the basic scope of deliveries. Multiple accessories and functions can be connected to the vehicle scales such as traffic control booms, traffic lights, monitoring cameras and telephones. For weighing without a separate scale operator, there are available driver terminals, where regular drivers independently carry out the complete weighing process. Maintenance, spare parts, installation and verification services as well as software support with software updates will ensure a safe and reliable weighing environment for a long time to come. Our own developed software also gives the possibility to take into account specific customer requirements.
Lahti Precision actively monitors the development of information technology even in the case of vehicle scales. We believe that in the future, weighing with vehicle scale will operate more and more through our online network services. The mScales weighing services developed by Lahti Precision already gives the possibility for the weighing data to be transferred to the “cloud” – also from the current vehicle scale systems. From there shared customized reporting will facilitate and speed up data transfer between businesses.
mScales- the mobile service allows the drivers to weigh with their mobile devices (smartphone or tablet computer) from the vehicle, whilst reducing the need for traditional electronics on the scales and required weighing data is transferred in real time for those who need it. Weighing reports can be accessed by each licensee anywhere and at any time. The web service enables easier connectable interfaces to other systems (invoicing, ERP, flow control). The system also makes it possible to acquire online weighing by the operator or by even getting the weighing codes made beforehand for people that need random weighing.
Steel based bridges, 1-component, portable models
Ideal for example for; gravel pits, asphalt stations or other sites known to be moving to a new location in the near future. There is no need for a solid foundation, only for installation on separate, cast concrete slabs, hollow sections, or even to solid leveled asphalt. First verification is done at the factory so the scale is good to go after it has been transferred to the site. Transport locks and slots for the lifting hooks make it easier to move the scales.
Surface mounted, concrete bridge models
Suitable for applications and areas where there is no restrictions in the longitudinal axis for the scales ramps, such as at the factory entrance, outside of the entrance gates. Ramps must be sufficiently built gradually angled and preferably equipped with heating. The scale will be above the ground surface, so that maintenance and cleaning of the base is easy. There is no need to build drainage as long as the surface water can drain away.
Recessed installation, concrete bridge models
Suitable for factory gates, factory areas, heat plants, waste stations, bulk loading stations and in general destinations where space for the scale use is limited. Scale needs a concrete installation trough, with a drainage channel and at least partial heating. For maintenance access, there is a hatch in the surface of the scale.
- One piece scale (10 m to 14 m) is used to weigh either the knob trucks or the combination of vehicles in two parts (high capacity transport)
- Driving to the scale can be from either direction, the scale can deduce the driving direction and calculates the net weight between weights difference
- 2 piece scale, (24m to 26m). can weigh both truck and trailer in one part
- Driving on and off the scale are controlled by traffic lights
- In mScales mobile weighing, the program automatically checks that the scales are empty and does not allow weighing process to start before the scales has a stabilized zero weigh – resetting to zero can also be performed with a mobile device if the scale is in the reset area
RELIABILITY OF THE VEHICLE SCALES
Vehicle scales are reliable measuring devices for material flow monitoring because they are approved for commercial use to determine the price of the weighed product. The accuracy of the weighing is verified with initial verification and subsequent revalidation is made in three year periods. The values given by the scale are checked by the verification weighing. Lahti Precision Oy’s certified quality management system ISO 9001 and the right to make initial verifications ensure reliable starting points for users of vehicle scales – both for the seller and the buyer. Service agreements and the according maintenance actions will further improve the functionality of the scale and extend its life span. Our expert service engineers are easily available when installation, inspection, verification, repair or spare parts are required. For example, in a case of sensor replacement our techinician with a sealing license can replace the sensor to a new one without the need for instant verification.
Weighing and reporting programs are our own development work, so related software upgrades or customized additional features can be handled smoothly. Interfaces between the scale and customer systems enable the possible to further process weighing data in their own business management systems (ERP).
- approved for commercial use OIML III class
- accuracy about. 0,1 %
- displayed in steps 10 kg/30 t, 20 kg/60 t and 50 kg/150 t
- scales will be verified with calibrated weights in three year periods
There is a wide range of weighbridges, depending on the need for use, such as the lengths and weights of the weighing vehicles, the weighing method and the location.
- materials are steel or concrete
- standard lengths 10…26 m, in special cases 36 m
- standard weighing ability 30 t …120 t, special cases even 200 t
- standard width 3 m, special cases 5 m
- fixed or portable
- surface or recess mounted
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE SCALES/ -FEATURES
- modern day mScales weighing service
- reports from the net / “cloud reporting”
- mScales mobile weighing made by using a mobile telephone or by a tablet device
- minimizing the amount of devices required at the scales
- driver terminals for traditional weighing by the driver
- weighbridge warming, handrails, hard surfaced concrete bridges
- booms, traffic lights, large number display screen, telephones, video monitoring cameras and registration recognition number sensors
- cylinder like weighing sensors, RC2-type
- from stainless steel
- hermetically sealed (welded)
- protection class IP68
- scales electronics joko WA-903+ or WA-800 series instrument
- weighing instrument WA-903+ includes 8-channels for separate sensor signal monitoring. This enables to measure truck and the trailer separately in a two part scale
- Our vehicle scales provide an efficient system for reliably weighing large loads
- Weighing software is easy to use
- We take care of the design, manufacture and installation of the equipment and are responsible for the maintenance and calibration of the scales
- Various accessories are available for vehicle scales to ensure speed and reliability
- With the mScales mobile service, the driver can operate horizontally from the vehicle, eliminating the need for driver terminals or other difficult-to-use and maintainable peripherals
Sales Manager, Vehicle scales
+358 40 630 8180
mScales weighing serviceRead more